This test requires ash, fat, moisture, and protein analyses.
7-9 Business Days
Is rush testing available?
Carbohydrates are calculated based on the following tests and their respective method references:
- Moisture (method is matrix dependent),
- Ash (AOAC 923.03),
- Fat by gas chromatography (AOAC 996.06) or Fat by hydrolysis/extraction (AOAC 933.05; 922.06; 948.15; 925.32; 950.54; 905.02; 920.111; 945.48G; 920.115F; 932.06; 920.09; 952.06),
- Protein (AOAC 968.06), or optionally
- Insoluble and Soluble Dietary Fiber (AOAC 991.43 or 2011.25), and
- Sugar Alcohols (internally-developed method).
Calories are determined by the following calculations:
Calories = (4 x Carbohydrates) + (9 x Total Fat) + (4 x Protein)
Calories, 2020 = (4 x Carbohydrates, 2020 adjusted) + (9 x Total Fat)
+ (4 x Protein) + (2 x Soluble Fiber) + (Sugar Alcohol Adjustments)
Calories from Fat = (9 x Total Fat)
Calories from Saturated Fat = (9 x Saturated Fat)
Calories, Fiber Subtracted = (4 x Carbs, Fiber adjusted) + (9 x Total Fat)
+ (4 x Protein)
If you have questions about our testing services, please contact us at +1 (800) 245-5615.