$103 per analysis
Most solid and semi-solid food products
Sample Size Requirements:
The sample size varies depending on product type and the test method used. Please contact us for specific guidance on your product.
TA.HD texture analyzer
Reported units vary depending on the type of test:
- Shear analysis: force in grams or kilograms
- Break analysis: force in grams or kilograms and bending distance to break in millimeters
- Bread texture analysis: force at 25% compression in grams
- Extensibility analysis: Max force in kilograms, distances to peak and failure in millimeters
- Texture profile analysis: multiple parameters
7-9 business days
Is rush testing available?
Texture testing utilizes several test procedures that have been developed internally. The food industry generally has not standardized methods for assessing objective texture measurements. One exception is for the firmness of bread products that are tested per AACC Method 74.09.
Texture test methods are empirical methods that attempt to imitate the process humans use to assess texture. Examples include assessing fruit ripeness by pressing into the flesh with a thumb, snapping a cookie or cracker to assess firmness, or measuring meat tenderness by simulating biting or chewing of the meat.
To help us meet your testing expectations, please contact us for consultation prior to sending in sample for testing.
The following texture analyses are available:
- Shear analysis: simulates biting with the front teeth using cutting blades and is designed to measures hardness.
- Break analysis: snaps brittle products by bending them until they fracture; designed to measures breaking strength (crispness, crunchiness).
- Bread texture analysis: measures bread firmness by compression using AACC Method 74.09.
- Extensibility analysis: measures stringiness by pulling products apart.
- Texture profile analysis: measures multiple texture attributes including hardness, brittleness, springiness, etc. using a compression method.
If you have questions about our testing services, please contact us at +1 (800) 245-5615.