Print Order Forms
Depending on which tests you’d like our scientists to complete, you’ll need to fill out the Analytical or Nutritional request form(s) found below. Submit the completed form(s) along with your samples to:
9000 Plymouth Ave. N. – Wing 5
Minneapolis, MN 55427
Sample Collection and Preparation
When assembling your product for testing, please use the following guidelines:
- Collect a sample that is well blended and homogenous.
- Include specific grinding, handling or composite instructions with the order.
- Include sample matrix/composition descriptions and estimates on the submittal form.
Note: Medallion Labs cannot accept unidentified samples.
Please contact Medallion Labs for guidance on an appropriate sample size for your submission.
Shipping Your Sample
To ensure the integrity and security of samples sent to Medallion, we ask that our customers observe the following guidelines when shipping samples:
- Secure each food sample in its own container. Seal each sample package completely to prevent leakage. This is very important to prevent cross-contamination.
- Use packing materials that are strong enough to travel without damage or leakage.
- For samples needing refrigeration, please package and ship them appropriately and clearly mark “refrigerate” on the outside of the package to ensure continuous refrigeration.
- Label each sample individually with the identification you would like included on the final report. CAUTION: Do not use magic marker for labeling pesticide residue samples. This will contaminate the matrix.
- Enclose a Medallion Analytical or Nutritional submission form(s) with sample identifiers and matrices, purchase order and analyses you would like performed on each sample.
- If you would like your samples or shipping coolers sent back to you, please provide your UPS or FedEx shipping number or include a return label with your product.
- Additional fees may apply for sample return or for special disposal.
SAMPLE FLOW CHART
At Medallion Labs, we understand how important privacy is to our customers, which is exactly why we’ve made it a priority to provide full confidentiality to all of our partners over the past four decades. We’ve achieved this by establishing not only the right systems, but also the right team to oversee the handling of your product. The graph below highlights how we preserve the anonymity and integrity of your samples.
|STEP 1||MEDALLION SAMPLE ENTRY||Samples are received and sorted by Medallion personnel by Noon for most shipping companies, or samples are dropped off directly.||Samples are prioritized based on requested turnaround time and analysis. The customer is contacted via email or phone if clarification is needed.||Samples are entered into our Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), each sample is labeled with a unique Medallion ID, and a sample receipt notification is emailed.|
|/// FIREWALL ///|
|STEP 2||SAMPLE HANDLING FACILITY||Samples are homogeneously prepared as a composite or individually per the customer’s request.||Samples are replaced into sealed cups and stored in appropriate condition. If possible, a portion of the sample is retained in our library for 60 days.||Samples are delivered to laboratories and stored in the appropriate temperature condition until analyzed.|
|STEP 3||LABORATORY TESTING||Samples are pulled from storage, tested by the approved method and then reported.||All analysis is stored and results are calculated through LIMS.||Test results are reviewed at the analyst level. Once the entire submission is complete it is promoted to a final library approval by a designated approver.|
|/// FIREWALL ///|
|STEP 4||REPORTING OF RESULTS||After the entire submission is approved a final report is emailed to the Customer Service team and then sent to the customer via email or fax.||Invoices for final reports are mailed to the customer the following week.||Customer questions regarding are handled by the Customer Service team, who can be reached at 1800-245-5615 or email@example.com.|